Shrimp Cocktail Recipe with Low-Sugar Cocktail Sauce

My Dad loved shrimp, so when it wasn't the main dish I'd often make shrimp cocktail for him as an appetizer.

(In memory of my wonderful father, I'm featuring some of his favorite recipes this week while I spend time with my family.)  Shrimp with spicy cocktail sauce is one of my favorite foods, but traditional cocktail sauce has a fair amount of sugar for anyone who's trying to pay attention to the glycemic index. Happily, shrimp cocktail is back on my menu, after I was walking through the grocery store recently and spotted a bottle of Heinz new Reduced-Sugar Ketchup. Right away I knew I'd have to apologize to Heinz for all the imaginary hate mail I sent a few years back when my store stopped selling Heinz One-Carb Ketchup.

Click to continue reading