Recipe for Spicy Roasted Green Beans (or Broccoli) and Shrimp

My Dad loved these Spicy Roasted Green Beans and Shrimp
(In memory of my wonderful father, I'm featuring some of his favorite recipes this week while I spend time with my family.)  It was months ago when I first started hearing about Roasted Shrimp with Broccoli from Melissa Clark in New York Times. The recipe had good reviews from The Wednesday Chef, Amateur Gourmet, Orangette, Superspark, We Heart Food, Batter Splattered, and probably a bunch of other blogs as well. Then about a month ago I cooked it for my dad (adapting the recipe a bit since I was using a toaster oven) and I was ready to rave about it myself. Of course I hadn't taken photos, and for several weeks I truly intended to make it again and post it before we were careening seriously close to summer and no one wanted to heat up the oven.

Click to continue reading