Recipe for Shrimp and Macaroni Salad

Whenever I asked my dad what I should make for a family party, this Shrimp and Macaroni Salad was always his choice.


(In memory of my wonderful father, I'm featuring some of his favorite recipes this week while I spend time with my family.)  This Shrimp and Macaroni Salad is a dish I've made for family parties for more than 20 years, and definitely my father's all-time favorite dish.  I made some Shrimp and Macaroni Salad this week as we gathered to talk about our dad, and I'll be making it again in a few weeks when my brother Mark hosts his annual Superbowl party.  What makes the salad so full of flavor is the idea of using a little of the shrimp "juice" saved from draining the frozen shrimp and adding it to the mayo-based dressing, plus the flavor boost of celery seeds.

Click to continue reading