Friday Night Photos: Cute Kids, New Friends, and Another Fun Time at Hires

The family tradition continues with Aunt Kalyn taking the kids to Hires!

It's interesting how the most ordinary of events can turn into a family tradition.  Many of you who read my blog know I have a huge extended family, and for years my 39 nieces and nephews have been taking turns visiting Aunt Kalyn and eating at Hires.  Now there are a generation of great nieces and nephews (52 at last count!)  Many of them have also eaten at Hires with Aunt Kalyn just like their parents did.   I started this Hires tradition long before I ever heard of the South Beach Diet, and a Big H with onion rings from Hires is a real indulgence for me now, but don't you agree that family traditions are more important than sticking to your diet every single day of your life?

Click to continue reading