Kalyn's Used-to-Be Famous Recipe for Lake Powell Fish Marinade (Grilled Mahi Mahi)

This fish marinade is a recipe that used to be famous, at least with my Lake Powell friends!

(Updated with new photos and better instructions July 2011) There was at time when this flavorful and versatile fish marinade was probably my most famous recipe, at least the recipe was certainly something that got requested often by the clients and friends I used to cook for at Utah's beautiful Lake Powell. That was back in the days when the South Beach Diet didn't exist, and no one had ever heard of sustainable seafood either, and at the lake I'd often use the marinade on Thresher Shark. Now I like this on Mahi Mahi, which is the fish shown in these photos. Do I dare say that this is a good marinade if you're cooking for people who are suspicious about fish? It's true that the flavors of the marinade make grilled fish a bit less "fishy" so if that's something that appeals to you, this may become your favorite way to cook fish on the grill.

Click to continue reading