Recipe for Tarragon Shrimp Salad with Celery, Green Onion, and Celery Seed

I loved how French Tarragon from the garden perked up the flavors in this shrimp salad.

I had probably been growing herbs for at least 15 years before I discovered French Tarragon, but now I just can't imagine my herb garden without this distinctive and interesting flavor.  Tarragon has a flavor that's a little similar to fresh basil, but it's more licorice flavored and slightly less spicy.  In this Tarragon shrimp Salad with Celery, Green Onion, and Celery Seed the tarragon really brought out the other flavors.  If you don't have French Tarragon I recommend substituting basil, but please don't try making this with dried tarragon, which really doesn't taste much like fresh tarragon at all.

Click to continue reading