Brown Rice Salad Recipe with Olives, Bell Peppers, Peas, and Basil Vinaigrette

Brown Rice Salad with Olives, Bell Peppers, Peas, and Basil Vinaigrette
This Brown Rice Salad with Olives, Bell Peppers, Peas, and Basil Vinaigrette is an old favorite recipe!

Re-discovering a recipe is always fun, and while I was unpacking from the move I found this old favorite rice salad recipe in a set of binders with recipes I clipped from cooking magazines back in the days before the internet.  The salad was called Roman Rice Salad, but unfortunately I didn't write down where I found it, and I couldn't find anything with that name online.  I made this salad many, many times through the years with white rice, dried basil, and chopped bell pepper, but I loved this updated version with brown rice, fresh chopped basil, and rings of pepper from sweet mini-peppers.   

Click to continue reading