Tomato, Cucumber, and Radish Salad with Yogurt and Tahini Dressing

Tomato, Cucumber, and Radish Salad with Yogurt and Tahini Dressing found on KalynsKitchen.com
This Tomato, Cucumber, and Radish Salad has amazing flavor from yogurt-tahini dressing and Sumac!

(For Phase One Fridays I spotlight recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites, and this simple salad that was inspired by one I had at a restaurant in Chicago is something I'd love to eat all summer long.)

There must be thousands of variations of tomato and cucumber salad in the world, but when I was in Chicago attending the 2009 BlogHer Conference, I had a tomato and cucumber salad that really knocked my socks off. I was on the way to The Spice House with my blogging friend Lydia, and we stopped in at Old Jerusalem Restaurant for a quick lunch. Lydia and I both have middle-eastern tastebuds, and we loved this unpretentious restaurant, with me especially swooning over the Jerusalem Salad with a yogurt and tahini dressing. I was determined to recreate the flavors from that dressing, and although when I found their website I realized my salad was a bit different, I loved the salad I came up with. (More experimenting coming to get a salad that's just like theirs!)

Click to continue reading