Recipe For Grilled Lime and Chipotle Pork Chops

Grilled Lime and Chipotle Pork Chops
Lime, chipotle, and cilantro adds great flavor to grilled pork chops.  Along with the pork chops is the rice mixture from Slow Cooker Vegan Brown Rice Mexican Bowl.

(Updated with better photos and step-by-step instructions, July 2013.)  Summer grilling is in full swing at my new house, and I recently made these Grilled Lime and Chipotle Pork Chops for a delicious dinner, and also so I could re-do the photos.  (One of the best things about food blogging is the way you get to eat your work!)  The marinade used here was adapted from a recipe I found years ago on the Best Foods site, and since the recipe Idea came from Best Foods, this marinade does contain mayo.  If the idea of marinating meat in mayo seems odd, keep in mind you're actually eating very little of the marinade and it really keeps the pork chops juicy when they're grilled.  A recipe like this is one of the few places I'd use dried cilantro, but if you need to substitute fresh cilantro, be sure it's very finely chopped.  I decreased the amount of mayo and increased the lime juice and added cumin, which I think really works well with the combination of cilantro, lime, and Chipotle.  Hope you enjoy!

Click to continue reading