Potato and Cauliflower Mash - Turn Off the Carbs, the Party's Over

Well, it was fun while it lasted. Were your holiday eating patterns anything like mine? I tried to eat a balanced diet, which by that I mean I tried to eat as much fat as I did carbs. While I wasn't crazy enough to make any food denial related New Year's resolutions (if you were, renounce them immediately before it's too late), I do intend to get back to a more normal diet while I wait for the annual Valentine's Day chocolate comma. This Potato and Cauliflower Mash video recipe I did recently for About.com is a good way to gently get back into those healthier eating habits.

Yes, there's potatoes and butter in it, but you can't be expected to go from pumpkin pie and whipped cream straight to celery sticks! By the way, I never have a problem with "diet" recipes as long as they taste as good as, if not better than, the originals. The secret to this delicious combo is braising the cauliflower in the butter separately, and then mashing them into the potatoes. So many cooks boil it all together and it tastes watered down when its done. I think you'll enjoy this method better. Enjoy!
Click here for the transcript and ingredients.