Crunchy Oven-Fried Chicken


If I could eat KFC Fried Chicken all the time and not ever get fat and die from heart disease and clogged arteries I think I would. I love fried chicken. I love the crispyness. I love the juicyness. I love the spices that are in the batter. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Oven-fried chicken just doesn't usually have that same crunch or pizazz. But I'm really not about to be deep frying at home either. This recipe lets you get the crispetty, crunchetty-ness of fried chicken except with the non-angina causing goodness of baked chicken. AND it's full of great flavor.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Serves 4

3/4 cup buttermilk
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 green onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp black pepper
8 chicken drumsticks
2 cups cornflake cereal, crushed
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese

In a large resealable container, or large ziplock bag mix together buttermilk, Dijon mustard, green onion, garlic, and black pepper. Toss in drumsticks and leave in fridge to marinate overnight (or at least a couple hours).

Preheat oven to 375° F. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil

Crush the cornflakes and place in another ziplock bag with Parmesan cheese. Place two marinated drumsticks in bag at a time and shake so it gets totally coated (I even stuck my hand in the bag and squeezed the coating around the chicken to make sure it was good and coated and sticking to the chicken. Place on baking sheet and finish coating the rest of the drumsticks.

Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes.

Click here for printable version of Crunchy Oven-Fried Chicken
__________________________________________________________________________________

THE RESULTS?
Definitely the BEST oven-fried chicken I've ever had! The chicken was incredibly flavorful and not to mention moist from the marinade. My husband and I both thought it was great.

Meal Ideas: