Peanut Butter Banana Smoothies


A couple summers ago, my husband and I made these really fancy and delicious smoothies similar to Booster Juice and Juice Fare. We went all out and spared no expense to recreate the smoothies the same way these franchises did: we had our frozen berries and fruit, frozen fruit sorbet and all-fruit juices....each of these ingredients were INCREDIBLY expensive. We didn't keep track of how much it cost, but let me just say we spent a lot of money on those smoothies. We made them so much, we wore out one of our blenders....lucky we did though, because we couldn't afford to keep making those expensive smoothies.

As healthy as smoothies are, I really didn't want to venture into smoothie-making territory for fear of it getting out of control money-wise again. I didn't think you could make a smoothie as delicious as the ones we used to make without getting all those expensive ingredients.

I was happy to discover Money Saving Mom's Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie:
3 inexpensive ingredients = healthy & delicious

Thanks Money Saving Mom.


*Recipe from Money Saving Mom

__________________________________________

Serves 1

3/4 -1 cup frozen banana chunks
1 cup milk
1 tbsp peanut butter

Throw all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.

Click here for printable version of Peanut Butter Banana Smoothies
____________________________________________

THE RESULTS?
This smoothie is thick, rich and delicious. I make one for myself in the morning and one for my toddler who happens to love both bananas and peanut butter. I make her's a bit thinner by using slightly less bananas and more milk. I put her smoothie in this little travel container that has a straw...so no spilling! We both drink our smoothie's as we are on our way out the door for the day.

So now that it's been proved that you can make a healthy and delicious smoothie without all the fancy frills, I am now on the prowl for more inexpensive smoothies. I've got a couple idea's but...anyone have any suggestions?