Almost Sugar-Free and Gluten-Free Flourless Triple Almond Cookies

Almost Sugar-Free and Gluten-Free Triple Almond Flourless Cookies, made with your favorite sweetener.

Triple Almond Cookies

(Edit 2009: Kalyn's Kitchen is part of Holiday 2009 at Oprah.com, and this is one of the recipes being featured there, and also one of the Christmas Recipes on Kalyn's Kitchen. Welcome to anyone visiting from Oprah.com!)

I'm definitely not a baker, and if it wasn't cookie-eating season I might have given up on sugar-free almond cookies, since I had to make three versions of this cookie to get one I felt was good enough to share the recipe. First batch, completely delicious, but crumbled apart. as soon as you touched them. Second batch, stayed together, and tasted good, but the texture was a bit too cakey for what I wanted. Third batch (after I consulted my favorite gluten-free baking expert) nicely crisp and delicious. 

Truthfully, I should call them "almost" sugar free, because adding 1 tablespoon of agave nectar improved the cookies a lot.  The photos were not quite what I wanted, but ignore that and make these delicious cookies anyway.

Click to continue reading