Slow Cooker Honey-Mustard Lime Chicken


I love coming across new blogs with great recipes. I've just recently discovered Alanna at Kitchen Parade. I actually came across her blog when I was looking for Weight Watchers recipes for a friend, and Alanna has a great resource for Weight Watchers; she marks all her recipes with the nutrition information and how many points the dishes are. At first I thought I had discovered a goldmine for my friend, but as I browsed I realized....her recipes looked so yummy I didn't need to be on a diet to try them!

This chicken recipe of hers takes only 15 minutes if you use chicken breasts in your broiler. I don't have any on hand, only a ton of chicken legs and I needed to be able to cook it in my slow cooker because I was at work all day. I took her sauce ingredients and adapted it to cook in the slow cooker.

*Recipe adapted from Kitchen Parade
_______________________________________

Serves 4


8 chicken legs
1/2 cup honey mustard (or 2 tbsp honey mixed with 1/3 cup Dijon Mustard)
1 lime, juice and zest (or 3 tbsp lime juice)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp soy sauce

Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker, and stir to evenly coat the chicken. Cook on low 6-8 hours or until chicken is cooked all the way through. Serve with rice to spoon extra sauce on top.

Click here for printable version of Slow Cooker Honey-Mustard Lime Chicken
__________________________________________

THE RESULTS?

My only problem was that by the time I had gotten home from work, the chicken had been in the crockpot for 9 hours....a little too long. The flavor of the sauce was really good, and the chicken fell right off the bone; it just kind of had that "overcooked chicken" flavor. Either I would make sure that the chicken cooked for only 6-8 hours next time, or I'll try the recipe Alanna's way. I loved the tang of the lime.