Meal Plan Week 10

It's my last week of work before maternity leave! I'm trying to get in all the delicious recipes I want to try before I have this baby and send my husband into the kitchen to cook for me.

Day 1: Indian Feast with Friends - Aloo Pakoras with Mango Chutney, Tandoori Chicken & Basmati Rice
This is for our Secret-Secret Geography Club night. Our friends are making Butter Chicken (Lisa is the originator of this recipe), naan bread cooked in the woodstove (most incredible naan EVER), malai koftas (veggie "meatballs" in sauce), dahl (lentils) and mango's with ginger-mint syrup.


Day 2: Hashbrown Quiche
My husband is pretty much in love with anything breakfast related, so this will be a good "Brupper" (breakfast for supper) meal.

Day 3: Firecracker Shrimp Bowties with Baguette dipped in Balsamic/Olive Oil
This is a delicious and healthy pasta that I recreated after the dish of the same name at East Side Mario's. Just to make us feel like we are at a real pasta bistro I'm serving it with french bread and balsamic/olive oil to dip.

Day 4:Taco Pasta Bake
Coming up with casserole dish based on things I have in my cupboards.

Day 5: Spicy Honey Barbecued Chicken with Rice and Peas with Mint
This week at the Interfaith Kitchen we are making stuffing from scratch and sugar cookies. This chicken is a new recipe I'm trying out that I thought would pair well with the stuffing.




For more ideas for meal plans, check my Complete List of Meal Plans or check out OrgJunkie's Meal Plan Monday links.