Meal Plan Week 14

I'm back!

I may be one-handed typing this because I have my 11 day old daughter in my arms, and I may have a few bags forming under my eyes because I am sleep-deprived, and I may be slightly scared to face this coming week taking care of two chitlins by myself...BUT...everything is going really well and I am excited to get back in the kitchen. It's true that I am recycling a few meals from the previous week's meal plan, but I obviously didn't get a chance to make them what with having a baby and all. And hey...I've got some new recipes coming this week!


Day 1: Baked Potato Soup
Sin in a bowl.

Day 2: Potato Skins, Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings and Carrots & Celery with Dip
Saving the potato skins from making Baked Potato Soup to make this fun date-night meal.

Day 3: Tagliatelle with Chicken, Rosemary & Pine Nuts and a Garden Salad
A lovely light pasta dish using half a rotisserie chicken.

Day 4: Baja Quesadillas
Using the other half of the rotisserie chicken to make our favorite quesadillas.

Day 5: Banana Waffles with Toasted Pecans and Warm Maple Syrup
Taking advantage of my new waffle maker and the frozen bananas in my freezer.

Day 6: Sweet BBQ Tater Tot Casserole
I made this during a freezer session to prepare for the baby...so it's a very nice low-maintenance meal for a tired mom :)



Grocery List:

MEAT

1/2 lb bacon
1 lb chicken wings
Deli roasted chicken
3/4 lb ground beef

PRODUCE
4 potatoes
8 green onions
2 cloves garlic
4 carrots
4 celery stalks
Rosemary
Lettuce
3 banana
1/2 onion

DAIRY
1 3/4 cups butter
6 3/4 cups of milk
2 cups sour cream
3 cups cheddar cheese
3 eggs

BAKERY
Flour tortillas, any flavor

FROZEN
1 cup corn
1/3 cup peas
Tater tots

CANNED GOODS
Black beans
2 cups chicken stock
1 can tomato sauce
2 tbsp tomato paste

DRY GOODS
3 cups flour
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/4 cup raisins
1/2 lb tagliatelle
1/2 cup pecans
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
1 tablespoon baking powder
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup rice


SPICES, SEASONINGS & SAUCES
1/3 cup hot pepper sauce, such as Frank's Red Hot
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder (or 1 clove fresh grated)
1/2 tsp salt
Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing
Roasted Onion BBQ Sauce
Taco seasoning
Maple Syrup
1-2 tbsp BBQ Sauce
1 tsp cumin

For more meal plan ideas check out my Complete List of Meal Plans or the Menu Plan Monday Links at Orgjunkie.