Meal Plan Week 15

I have a TON of recipes bookmarked that I've been wanting to try so I thought in honor of Chinese New Year I'd bust out some of the Chinese recipes. We are celebrating the Year of the Ox in style by having Dim Sum with our International Dinner Club. I've never actually had dim sum before so this will be a fun experience for me. Our group is pretty awesome for going all out when cooking a country's cuisine. I heard talk of spring rolls, steamed pork buns, potstickers, dumplings.....oh my mouth is watering already! Anybody else cooking Chinese this week?

Have a great week of delicious meals and Gong Hay Faat Choy!


Day 1:
Chinese Steamed Spareribs in Black Bean Sauce
This is what I'm bringing to our International Dinner Club. I also decided to bring Honey Walnut Shrimp but didn't add the ingredients to the grocery list because it was a last minute decision...because Steamy Kitchen suggested it...and because it sounds freakin' amazing, even though I'm not sure it even qualifies as dim sum. But whatevs.

Day 2: Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup
This is such a satisfying low maintenance meal to make.

Day 3: Slow Cooker Char Siu Pork over Rice with Baby Bok Choy in Oyster Sauce
This version of Chinese BBQ'd pork is made simple by being slow cooked in the crock pot (leave out the chicken broth and ketchup).

Day 4: Won Ton Soup
Soooo good :)

Day 5: Chipotle steaks with Creamy Mushroom and Pea Risotto
I got these steaks on sale for half price a while ago and was waiting for when the baby was born to use them. I was also pretty excited to get to drink wine for the first time in months, so since I have a bottle of wine in the fridge I thought I'd better go ahead and use it in this risotto (which I've never had before, but excited to try).

Day 6: Cashew Chicken over Rice with Asian Sesame Salad
My husband is a cashew lover so he'll be salivating over this one.