Friday Night Photos: Dinner at Topolobampo with Lydia and Ted

Tasting Menu at TopolobampoMonths before we started making other plans for the 2009 BlogHer Conference, my blogging friend Lydia and I and Lydia's charming husband Ted were making reservations for Topolobampo, the more upscale side of Top Chef Master's winner Rick Bayless' side-by-side signature restaurants in Chicago. We loved Topolobampo when we ate there, but when I came home there were so many things to talk about for Friday Night Photos like meeting food bloggers in Chicago, the completion of house renovations, and Garden Updates, that this post was delayed. I can't find the menu I saved to help with descriptions of our tasting menu experience, but I do vividly remember the guacamole above, served with incredibly thin and crisp jicama and cucumber.

Click to continue reading