Recipe for Low-Sugar and Whole Wheat Zucchini Muffins with Pecans

Low-Sugar and Whole Wheat Zucchini Muffins with Pecans found on KalynsKitchen.com
Low Sugar and Whole Wheat Zucchini Muffins with Pecans

In Utah we're getting close to the time of year when giant zucchini start to appear overnight in the garden, and even a dedicated zucchini-lover like myself is searching for ways to use them. Last summer I posted Ten Delicious Zucchini Recipes to help those who are zucchini-challenged, but this year I got fixated on the idea of finding a version of zucchini bread or muffins that didn't use white flour or sugar. I tried a few recipes that were close, but the winner was this recipe, adapted from the Zucchini Muffins posted by my good friend Elise at Simply Recipes. Elise's recipe made a lot of muffins, so I cut it in half to make 12 small muffins, which I've been enjoying for breakfast the last few days. Even if you think you don't like zucchini bread, give these muffins a try and I bet they'll be a hit at your house.

Click to continue reading