Asian Chopped Salad with Broccoli Stems, Sugar Snap Peas, Radishes, Red Cabbage, and Almonds

You might want to save some broccoli stems just so you can make this tasty salad!

A few weeks ago I made Crunchy Napa Cabbage Asian Slaw and I fell in love with the creamy and slightly spicy soy sauce and mayo dressing.  Then a few days later I had a huge bunch of broccoli stems in the fridge and started to think about how to use them.  I like broccoli stems almost more than I like broccoli, and especially when they're raw, so I decided to make a salad using them with same dressing I'd enjoyed so much on the Crunchy Napa Cabbage Asian Slaw.  If you look through my Salads section, it's not hard to tell that I love salads with crunch, and this salad has some of my favorite crunchy ingredients like red cabbage, radishes, sugar snap peas and almonds.  Next time you have broccoli stems I hope you'll think of this salad instead of just throwing them in the trash.

Click to continue reading