Saffron Chicken Recipe with Parsley and Lemon (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Can Be Paleo)

If you like the distinctive flavor of saffron, this Saffron Chicken with Parsley and Lemon is a traditional way to use it.



Have you ever cooked with saffron?  It's widely acknowledged to be the most expensive spice in the world, but you only need a tiny pinch to add delicious flavor to a dish like Paella, Saffron Rice, and this delicious Saffron Chicken which I first tasted when my Iranian friend Massoud made it for me.  When I made this recipe for the blog in 2005 I consulted Mark Bittman's The Best Recipes in the World and tried to remember how Massoud had done it.  For this updated version I did a little more online research and ended up revising my original instructions just a bit.  And if you'd like to see why the recipe needed updating, scroll down right before the recipe and you can see the one and only (lousy!) photo from the original post!

Click to continue reading