Recipe for Mushroom, White Bean, and Tomato Stew with Parmesan

This Mushroom, White Bean, and Tomato Stew makes a great meatless meal.

Lately I've noticed a lot of food blogs talking about Meatless Mondays.  When I researched it a little, I was surprised to find out that this slogan encouraging Americans to eat less meat was actually created in 2003, as part of a marketing campaign designed to get people to start out the week with healthy habits.  For several years now I've noticed I'm eating less meat myself, and although I'll never be a vegetarian, when I find a meatless recipe like this with lots of flavor I'm always happy.  I was never good at following rules, so of course today is not Monday, but no matter what day of the week you made this, it would make a great lunch or dinner.  

Click to continue reading