Slow Cooker Vegetarian Cannellini Bean and Kale Soup Recipe with Shaved Parmesan

Slow Cooker Cannellini Bean and Kale Soup with Parmesan
A Meatless Monday Slow Cooker Soup with Cannellini Beans, Kale, and slivers of freshly-grated Parmesan!

As much as I whine about the cold weather, when you look at the Soup, Stew, and Chili section of my recipe archives you can tell I love cold-weather dishes, especially soup.  Some of my favorite soups are the ones where I start with an idea and add things until it tastes good, but even when I have a recipe to start with like I did this time, I tend to improvise with most of the soups I make.  This slow cooker soup that can cook all day while you're at work was adapted from one I saw in The Italian Slow Cooker, a book that's loaded with good ideas.  I increased the amount of stock (and might use even more next time), added some dried Italian herbs, and served the soup with shaved Parmesan Cheese instead of croutons, for a Phase One soup that was warm and filling, and loaded with flavor.

Click to continue reading