South Beach Diet Phase One Recipes Round-Up for February 2013 (Low-Glycemic Recipes)

Collage of South Beach Diet friendly recipes
My favorite Phase One Recipes from February 2013 include CrockPot (or stovetop) Black Bean Chili with Lime and Cilantro, Baked Eggs with Mushrooms and Parmesan, Vegetarian Greek Lentil Casserole with Bell Peppers and Feta, and Fattoush-Inspired Chopped Salad with Buttermilk-Tahini Dressing, Chickpeas, Sumac, and Pine Nuts.

Before I send you off to look at South Beach Diet Phase One low-glycemic recipes I posted during February or spotted on other food blogs, I have some pretty exciting news to share.  After saving my money for years and looking at houses for months, I am moving to a new house later this month!  I'll be moving back to the city where I grew up just north of Salt Lake, where I'll be much closer to family members, (including many, many cute little kids that I might get a chance to babysit now that I live closer and have a playroom.)  I love my new house, and promise to share a few kitchen photos once I get moved in.

Sorting through and packing up all the stuff I've accumulated in 25 years at my current house is going to be a rather daunting job (especially since my broken arm is still limiting what I can lift) and I'm guessing that the posting schedule here might be a little lighter than usual this month. But I'm grateful to the many family members and friends who have offered to help, and I should be somewhat settled into the new house by late March.

Click to continue reading