Recipe for Kale and Basil Pesto with Lemon and Parmesan

Kale and Basil Pesto with Lemon and Parmesan
Kale and Basil Pesto is a delicious way to eat your greens!

This recipe for Kale and Basil Pesto with Lemon and Parmesan is a Public Service Announcement for all those lucky people who are growing kale in their gardens.  I actually made the pesto in these photos last September when my garden at the old house was bursting with kale.  Since I was giving kale away to anyone who stopped by, the abundance of kale led me to experiment with using it as an ingredient in pesto.  Kale is a strong flavor, so I froze my pesto in this mini-muffin tin, and each little ball of pesto was about three tablespoons, just the right amount to stir into a soup or toss with some pasta or rice.  If you have kale growing in your garden, or if your CSA or Farmer's Market gives you more kale than you know what to do with this summer, I highly recommend making this as soon as possible.

Click to continue reading