Lemon Bars


DSC_1505
OOOO how I love a good lemon bar!! I never had really tried to make a homemade lemon bar until now. I don’t know why. It’s so easy not to just make them homemade! My friend, Netty, had them at one of her kids baptisms and I couldn’t believe how delicious they were. Such a light, flaky and buttery crust paired with a smooth, creamy lemon filling. I love how the top get’s crisp while the middle stays creamy. Oh so delicious!! 

DSC_1510
For the Crust:
1 cup butter
2 cups flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
dash of salt

In a bowl, whisk together flour, powdered sugar and salt. Melt butter and pour over dry ingredients and mix together until dough is formed. Press into a 9x13 baking dish and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.

For the Filling:
4 eggs
1/4 cup flour
2 cups sugar
6 T lemon juice

Beat eggs and then add remaining ingredients. Mix well and pour onto baked crust. Bake 25 minutes. Cool completely and place in the fridge until cold. Before serving, dust with powdered sugar. Enjoy!!