Recipe for Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Red Onions with Feta

Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Red Onions with Feta
You could have these Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Red Onions with Feta for Thanksgiving, but I'd happily eat this for a Meatless Monday main dish.

I realize these Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Red Onion and Feta may be a tough sell with some people who love sugary sweet potato casserole, but I loved them and so did my nephew/cooking assistant Jake who never used to like sweet potatoes at all.  I've been trying out savory sweet potato recipes for a few years now, and somewhere along the way Jake realized he *does* like sweet potatoes when they aren't topped with brown sugar/and or mini-marshmallows.  I also think that roasting the sweet potatoes is a wonderful trick to bring out their natural sweetness, and combining them with something salty like Feta cheese gives that wonderful salty-sweet combination that is so appealing.  I'm adding this to the Thanksgiving Recipes on the blog, but quite seriously, I'd also be very happy with a big dish of this for a Meatless Monday dinner as well.

Click to continue reading