Recipe for Shredded and Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Toasted Almonds and Parmesan (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free)

Shredded and Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Almonds and Parmesan
Roasted Brussels Sprouts are a wonderful side dish, so don't save them just for Thanksgiving.

(For Phase One Fridays I highlight Phase One recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites, and these Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Toasted Almonds and Parmesan are amazing.  And since today officially starts the Countdown to Thanksgiving 2013, I'm recommending this recipe as a Thanksgiving side dish.  But don't save them just for Thanksgiving, please try these for dinner soon!)

Now that roasted brussels sprouts have turned me into a brussels sprouts fan, I've been paying attention to how people cook the little guys, and lately I've noticed brussels sprouts being shredded into thin strips. When I looked for recipes, I found shredded pan-fried brussels sprouts, but not shredded and roasted ones, but since I love the leaves that fall off and get extra crispy when you're roasting brussels sprouts, I decided to try it and see how they turned out. I'd say it was a success, since I made these today and ate the entire bowl for lunch! I realize that some families have very determined brussels sprouts haters (and I'm looking at my sister Pam when I say that) but I'm adding this to my growing list of Thanksgiving Recipes as another option if people in your family are open-minded about brussels sprouts.

Click to continue reading