Meal Plan Week 11

This week is filled with Christmas parties, family get-together's, and a big ol' Christmas Dinner. Of course we are resorting to some of our all-time favorite recipes (as well as one new one on a day with no company ;) Time to bust out the big guns and impress some peeps!

Day 1: Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno’s Stuffed with Cream Cheese
These things are incredibly addicting, and I always get major compliments for them. We went to a Couple's Christmas Party over the weekend and I knocked a few socks off. The Pioneer Woman is right: How ever many you think you need to make....DOUBLE IT! The whole plate disappears in about 10 minutes.

Day 2: Homemade Hummus served with Pita Bread
We had a small get-together with close friends to have appetizers and egg nog before we all go our separate ways for Christmas. This is such an easy satisfying appetizer I got my husband to make it.

Day 3: Katsu Donburi
My husband and I tried Donburi for the first time not too long ago and loved it. I plan to try it this time with breaded pork instead of chicken.

Day 4: Vietnamese Crispy Chow Mein with Beef Stir-Fry
My Dad will be here and likes trying new things. We just tried this a few weeks ago and loved it, so I hope he will too (plus I still have some leftover Chinese egg noodles I want to use up...sneaky :)

Day 5: Butter Chicken over Basmati Rice, Naan & Aloo Pakora's with Mango Chutney
We served Butter Chicken last year for Christmas Eve dinner and both my brother and Dad have requested it again. They have never tried my Aloo Pakora's so I'm hoping they will become a new favorite.

Day 6: Christmas Dinner - Garlic-Thyme Brined Turkey, Carla’s Not Calorie Conscious but Delicious Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli Salad, Perogies, Mushroom Sauce, Stuffing, Gravy, and Corn
This turkey really is the best ever and I can't wait to blow my family's mind with how good it is. The mashed potatoes can be made a day in advance and they taste heavenly. Our polish family can't have a Christmas dinner without perogies and mushroom sauce so of course we have to include them in there.....mmmm, my mouth is watering already!!!

Day 7: Leftovers Out the Ying-Yang
Wow....we are going to have so many leftovers we'll be rolling in them.


For more menu plans, check out my Complete List of Meal Plans or check out OrgJunkie's Menu Plan Monday Links.