Recipe for Roasted Tomato, Basil, and Goat Cheese Holiday Spread

Roasted Tomato, Basil, and Goat Cheese Spread(Edit 2009: Kalyn's Kitchen is part of Holiday 2009 at Oprah.com, and this is one of the recipes being featured there. There are also lots more holiday offerings in the Christmas Recipes on Kalyn's Kitchen. Welcome to anyone visiting from Oprah.com!)

The combination of tomatoes, basil, and goat cheese is one of my favorite flavor trios, and I loved it in this holiday spread for crackers, which was also delightfully red and green. This recipe was quite honestly inspired partly by the fact that I had slow roasted tomatoes and frozen basil in my freezer, since it was snowing like crazy in Salt Lake and I didn't want to go to the store. However if you don't have those two ingredients, I'm thinking you could make something very similar to this with sun-dried tomatoes and pesto; see suggestions in the recipe. (Thanks to Chris from Mele Cotte who sent me the charming chile-pepper knife I'm using in the photo.)

Click to continue reading