Recipe for Leftover Roast Beef Italian Stew (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free)

This Leftover Roast Beef Italian Stew has no potatoes or carrots, and it's perfect for a Low-Carb, Phase One meal!

Leftover Roast Beef Stew

Starting Phase One or any type of low-carb diet in the new year will be easier if you follow a mental process of thinking about all the really good foods you can still eat, and plan recipes or menus around those foods.  This delicious Leftover Roast Beef Italian Stew is a perfect example, and with all the flavor from green pepper, mushrooms, roasted tomatoes, oregano, and basil, you wont' miss the potatoes or carrots in this stew.  The recipe is something I created when I had leftover roast beef and remembered something I saw in a magazine at my brother Rand's house. At the time I was a brand new blogger, and didn't write down the source for the inspiring recipe. I do like pot roast, but I don't much like roast beef sandwiches, so this seemed like a perfect way to turn leftover roast beef into something special.

This is a very flexible recipe, and you can adjust amounts and ingredients to what you have hanging out in the fridge. The one thing I think is essential is the dried herbs that are simmered in the stock, with the addition of some fresh or frozen basil at the end. I also highly recommend using slow roasted tomatoes if you have them, although I've made this with canned tomatoes too with very good results.

Click to continue reading