Recipe for Roasted Green Beans with Mushrooms, Balsamic, and Parmesan

Roasted Green Beans and Mushrooms
Roasting brings out amazing flavors in fresh green beans and mushrooms!

(Todays pick for A Month of Daily Phase One Recipes is these delicious Roasted Green Beans with Mushrooms, Balsamic, and Parmesan.  You might think of green beans as a summertime vegetable, but I first made these in January 2009, and since then this has become the most-pinned recipe from my blog on Pinterest.   Apparently a lot of people like green beans!  And these beans are so delicious, you won't even think about Phase One while you're eating them.)

Back in the days when most of my exposure to green beans meant the ones that came from a can, I wasn't too much of a green bean fan. Then Costco started carrying these lovely thin French beans, and I fell in love with green beans. They're expensive compared to most vegetables, so this is definitely something to make for a special dinner at my house, although the day I roasted the beans for this recipe I ate a big plate of green beans for lunch!

Click to continue reading