Chicken Paprikash Recipe (Paprika Chicken)

Chicken Paprikash
Here's my updated recipe for Chicken Paprikash, which is warm and comforting for fall!

(Updated with better photos, a better recipe, and step-by-step instructions October 2013.)  I've been updating photos on my oldest posts for over five years now, and there's something so satisfying about taking a favorite recipe that was hidden away in the archives and showing it off so current readers will want to try it.  Sometimes I decide I can improve the recipe as well, and with this favorite recipe for Chicken Paprikash I realized that now I'd prefer the recipe with less meat and more of the roasted red peppers that make this dish so flavorful.  Of course Chicken Paprikash is a traditional Hungarian dish that usually includes a roux made of flour and chicken fat or butter, but if you like chicken, onions, roasted red peppers, paprika, and sour cream, I bet you'll like my diet-friendly version just as well.

Click to continue reading