Recipe for Greek Salad Spaghetti Squash Bowl

Greek Salad Spaghetti Squash Bowl
I'm not sure why I decided to combine Greek Salad and Spaghetti Squash, but this Greek Salad Spaghetti Squash Bowl was definitely a winner.

First, thanks to everyone who has given nice feedback about the makeover and new features for Kalyn's Kitchen.   I'm thrilled with the new design, especially the way it will make it easier for anyone who wants to find recipes that are Gluten-Free, Vegan, Meatless, Paleo, Low Carb, or things that Can Freeze.  I am so happy with the new design; thanks again to the fabulous Rand and Jennette!

People ask me all the time where I get recipe ideas, and while it's true I spend plenty of time looking at cookbooks and food magazines and cruising around other food blogs, sometimes an idea just pops into my head and I have no idea where it came from.  That's what happened with these Greek Salad Spaghetti Squash Bowls.  My sister Pam gave me a spaghetti squash and it hung out on the counter for at least a week while I wondered how to make it into some kind of interesting Meatless Monday dish.  Then one day I suddenly had the thought to top the cooked spaghetti squash with a Greek Salad mixture, including plenty of lemony vinaigrette that would drip down and flavor the squash.  I tried this out on my nephew Jake (who is NOT a fan of spaghetti squash) and he gobbled it up, so I think it's fair to say that this recipe is a winner!

Click to continue reading