Spinach and Mozzarella Egg Bake Recipe (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Meatless)

This Spinach and Mozzarella Egg Bake has lots of spinach, mozzarella, and green onion and just enough egg to hold it together!


(For Phase One Fridays I highlight Phase One recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites, and this delicious Spinach and Mozzarella Egg Bake is something I'd love for breakfast.  If  you ever buy those big packages of spinach from Costco and end up letting some of it go bad, keep this recipe in mind as a good way to use up the spinach!)

If you look at my recipe category section for Eggs, you'll see that I've come up with a lot of variations for South Beach Diet friendly breakfast casseroles through the years.  I make breakfast casseroles on the weekend, cut into individual servings, and keep in a container in the fridge to eat for breakfast all through the week. 

I still have favorite breakfast casseroles that I make regularly, but for a while now I've been making a variation I'm calling an "egg bake."  This is a similar to a breakfast casserole, but with lots of vegetables, meat, or cheese, and just enough egg to barely hold it together.  This particular version with spinach and a generous amount of low-fat mozzarella is something I've made at least six times in the last couple of months, so I think it's officially a favorite.  I love the idea of starting out the day with a big serving of spinach, and this is so delicious you won't even think about eating something that's good for you!

Click to continue reading