CHRISTMAS COOKIES

I am a "list maker" and one of the lists I thoroughly enjoy making is my holiday baking list. From October through early December, I pour over my old tried and true recipes then surf the web for new recipes I want to try. I make a ton of cookies for Christmas, so I'm always on the hunt for a new one to try.

Below are three great Christmas cookie recipes; I hope you and  your family enjoy them.

click on the link under the
photo for the recipe;
 
These are made with a spritz type dough that is baked in a mini muffin pan and when they come out of the oven and are still piping hot, you press a FROZEN mini-Reece cup into the cookie; they are wonderful and look very pretty on any cookie tray.
 

Cream Cheese Spritz Cookies

Spritz cookies are traditional at Christmas, however cream cheese spritz cookies are even better!! They are similar to a shortbread cookie in overall taste, however, they are light as a feather and crispy. You can make them look "holiday ready" with a tiny chip of maraschino cherry in the center or dust them with holiday sprinkles.
 
 
The aroma of these molasses cookies, hot out of the oven, says "Christmas" to me. They are gently spiced and (if you keep them in an airtight container) will stay soft for days. They truly are a PERFECT holiday cookie.