100% Whole Wheat and Bran Bread Recipe (This bread recipe is a work in progress!)

100% Whole Wheat Bread(Edit: In 2009 I made 100% White Whole Wheat Bread which is an improvement on this recipe from Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day by the same authors.)

Recently when I posted about Irish Soda Bread, I mentioned that the authors had sent me a copy of Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day, along with assurances that I could use the innovative break-making method to make 100% whole wheat bread. This is the bread post I promised was coming, and I decided I should call this recipe a "work in progress," because I'm still experimenting with getting the ingredients exactly right for bread made with white whole wheat flour, although I was very satisfied with the taste of the bread.

Click to continue reading