White Whole Wheat and Oatmeal Irish Soda Bread Recipe

White Whole Wheat and Oatmeal Irish Soda Bread is a treat for St. Patrick's Day!

White Whole Wheat and Oatmeal Irish Soda Bread Recipe found on KalynsKitchen.comEven though St. Patrick's Day is Monday, I didn't start the weekend planning to make Irish Soda Bread. Since I don't eat white flour, I don't make bread too often, but now that I've discovered white whole wheat flour and due to the arrival of Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Dayin my mailbox, that may be changing.

I've been experimenting with recipes from that book after the author assured me you can make bread with all whole wheat flour. That bread post is coming soon, dedicated to Tanna, who's been so sweet about encouraging me to try yeast bread. In the meantime, it's St. Patrick's day weekend and even though I've always been a bit baking impaired, I suddenly felt like making some Irish Soda Bread.

Click to continue reading