Crockpot Recipe for Black Bean Stew with Roasted Red Pepper, Chicken, and Cilantro

Crockpot Black Bean StewWith the recent braces on the lower teeth completing the set, soft foods have become a hot menu item around here, and this black bean stew is something soft that I made with leftover roast chicken and the rest of the jar of roasted red peppers from Caper Vinaigrette. I always feel proud of myself when I can manage to use ingredients that are leftover from another recipe, so I had a good feeling about this. I decided to call it stew because it seemed too thick to be soup, but does anyone really know where exactly the line is drawn between soup and stew? If soup is more your style, it's fine with me if you add an extra cup of chicken stock and call it soup. Whatever you call it, if you happen to have new braces, this will be soft and comforting.


Click to continue reading