Meal Plan Week 19

Can you say procrastinator? My meal plans have been staying up for 2-3 weeks lately. Yeesh. My excuse last week was that a flu bug went through our house and we didn't really eat any actual meals except fruit smoothies, yogurt, toast and soup. One of the most time consuming parts of my meal plan post is the grocery list; I want it to be thorough and accurate which is sometimes hard to do when I'm not following a recipe and just making up my own...I haven't even made the recipe yet so how am I supposed to know the exact amounts for the grocery list! I'm trying it out this week by posting the plan, sans grocery list, and then updating it later in the week to include the grocery list once I have made all the meals. Sound good?

A few of these recipes were suggested to me by my culinary friend Tara, and others came from my new Rachael Ray cookbook "The Big Orange Book". In the end my meal plan became sort of a Ray-Ray Week. I'm alright with that :)


Day 1: Spaghetti with Smoked Mozzarella, Asparagus and Prosciutto with a Garden Salad

Day 2: Blackened Chicken Salad

Day 3: Swedish Meatballs in a Sour Cream Dill Sauce with Mashed Potatoes and Corn

Day 4: Indian-Spiced Beef with Warm Curry Potato Salad and Steamed Spinach

Day 5: Salmon Burgers with Scallion Cream Cheese and Minty Peas

Day 6: Sweet & Smokey Turkey Chili with Cornbread Muffins

*Recipe to come this week

For more meal plan ideas check out my Complete List of Meal Plans or the Menu Plan Monday Links hosted this week at $5 Dinners.