Recipe for Chard and Chickpea Soup with Sausage and Green Pepper

Chard and Chickpea Soup with Sausage and Green PepperFor a few years now I've been trying to eat more greens, and I've discovered that dishes like this Chard and Garbanzo Soup with Sausage and Green Peppers are a tasty way to get a healthy serving of greens without much effort. And since by the time most of you see this post it will officially be the first day of Autumn, it seemed like soup was a good thing to put on the menu this week. This recipe was inspired by Chard and Garbanzo soup in From Asparagus to Zucchini, a very useful cookbook about cooking with garden produce This recipe made me happy that my garden center had given me good advice on saving the swiss chard, because I used a generous portion of the rescued chard in the soup.

Click to continue reading