Recipe for Roasted Figs with Goat Cheese and Balsamic-Agave Glaze

Roasted Figs with Goat Cheese and Balsamic-Agave GlazeLast Friday I talked about nice people giving me things from their gardens, and the garden windfalls included a container of fresh figs my brother Rand picked from his tree. Figs don't grow in Utah so I haven't eaten them that often, but I think these are Mission Figs, named for the Fathers who settled California. This was my first time cooking figs, so I used Food Blog Search to find interesting things that other food bloggers had done with them. I wanted a dish without added sugar, and I'm a fan of savory-sweet combinations, so I adapted a couple of roasted figs ideas into something that was perfect for me. I loved the Roasted Figs with Goat Cheese and Balsamic-Agave Glaze, which I think would make a lovely appetizer or not-too-sweet dessert for a dinner party if you're lucky enough to have fresh figs where you live.

Click to continue reading