Recipe for Roasted Salmon and Asparagus Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette

Roasted Salmon and Asparagus Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette
Quickly roasted salmon and asparagus, served on baby greens with mustard vinaigrette.  The perfect meal for spring!

(Updated April 2012 with step-by-step instructions and better photos)  Usually when I'm updating an old recipe that needs new photos I try hard not to change much about the recipe in case people have it bookmarked, but when I looked at this recipe for a warm salmon and asparagus salad, the original method of marinating the salmon and then grilling it while you roasted the asparagus seemed so labor-intensive compared to how I would make it now.  This time I simply roasted the asparagus a few minutes, added the salmon that I'd rubbed with my favorite Szeged Fish Rub, and the result was a wonderful salmon and asparagus salad like you might get at a fine restaurant.  I'll include both sets of directions in the recipe, but the simple method of roasting both asparagus and salmon gets my vote!

Click to continue reading