Recipe for Arugula Chickpea Salad with Feta and Balsamic-Tahini Vinaigrette

Arugula Chickpea Salad with Feta and Balsamic-Tahini Vinaigrette
I love this Arugula Chickpea Salad with Feta and Balsamic-Tahini Vinaigrette.

(For Phase One Fridays I highlight Phase One recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites.  This recipe from 2010 has arugula, chickpeas, feta, balsamic vinegar, and Tahini, all ingredients that I never get tired of!)

I love quick recipes with interesting ingredients and lots of flavor, and this salad I made for lunch recently turned out to be a winner with the spicy flavor of arugula, creamy chickpeas and feta, and an interesting vinaigrette combination with balsamic vinegar, tahini, and a touch of lemon. If you're not as crazy about arugula or chickpeas as I am, you could make a milder version of this salad using spinach or regular white beans if you prefer. Adding a touch of tahini to the dressing was just an impulse for me, but I loved the richness of flavor it provided. If you don't have tahini, try adding a little almond butter or peanut butter instead.

Click to continue reading