South Beach Diet Phase One Recipes Round-Up for October 2012 (Low-Glycemic Recipes)

South Beach Diet Phase One Recipes
Kalyn's favorite Phase One Recipes for October 2012 were Layered Mexican Casserole, Spicy Asian Stir-Fried Swiss Chard, Oven-Fried Green Tomatoes, and Spicy Vegan Peanut Butter Tofu with Sriracha.

The extended Denny family has quite a few people who've lost weight using principles from the South Beach Diet, and one of them is my niece Emily.  She's now a complete fitness success story and fully embraces low-glycemic eating and exercise as a lifestyle, but in her early days of doing South Beach I remember her telling me, "Some days I feel like all I can eat is meat and salad."  Lately I've been reflecting on how much that simple comment Emily made a few years ago impacted what I'm trying to do here on Kalyn's Kitchen.   Anyone can lose weight eating grilled chicken and salad, but I hope my creative efforts are helping provide other low-glycemic eating choices to make it easier to stay on plan.  Lately I've been trying to get creative with Phase One Casseroles and Slow Cooker Dishes, and  with that in mind, I'm adding another category for those dishes to the monthly South Beach Diet Phase One Recipe Round-ups, starting with this month.

(You can use the label Low-Glycemic Recipe Round-Ups to see all the posts like this one.)
Click to continue reading