Marinated Tomato Salad with Parsley and Marjoram Dressing (and Ten More Tomato Salad Recipes)

Marinated Tomato Salad
This Marinated Tomato Salad with Parsley and Marjoram Dressing is one of the best reasons I've found to grow Marjoram!

(For Phase One Fridays I highlight Phase One recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites, and I've been making this Marinated Tomato Salad every year since 2008, which is when my sister Sandee gave me the recipe.  And if you're not growing marjoram, this recipe is a good reason to plant some!)

When my sister Sandee heard I was growing marjoram in my new herb beds, she gave me this recipe for marinated tomato salad, from a compilation of recipes by her neighbors appropriately called Our Neighborhood Cookbook. That was in June, before Utah had the hottest summer in years and my heirloom tomatoes got stubborn and refused to ripen. Last weekend I had yellow heirloom tomatoes at last, so I made the salad and after one taste I understood why my sister is in love with this recipe. If you have fresh garden tomatoes, make this right away!  And summer doesn't last forever, so check after the recipe for ten more good ideas for summer tomato salads to enjoy before it's too late!

Click to continue reading