Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders with Fresh Sage



    I love growing herbs during the summer.  It's a great feeling when you need a certain herb and it's just growing right outside.  I grow parsley, basil, mint, rosemary and sage.  I don't make a lot with sage but I was glad I had it once I found this recipe.  These Chicken tenders are so quick and simple to make.  The sage leaves gives the chicken  a lot of flavor and bacon just makes everything better!  Once the bacon is crisp (about 6 minutes per side) the chicken tenders are moist and cooked perfectly.      
  • Ingredients:
  • 8 fresh sage leaves
  • 8 chicken tenders (about 1 1/4 pounds)
  • 8 slices bacon
  • 1/2 teaspoon olive oil


  • Directions:
    Place a sage leaf on each chicken tender, then wrap each with a bacon slice. You won't need a toothpick, once bacon is cooked on one side, it's easy to flip with a spatula. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add tenders, sage side down, and cook until fat is rendered and bacon is browned, about 6 minutes. Flip and cook until tenders are cooked through, 6 minutes.  Transfer to a plate with paper towels to drain.  Serves 4 (2 per servings)