Fresh Garden Tomato No-Cook Pasta Sauce Recipe with Garlic, Basil, and Thyme

Fresh Garden Tomato No-Cook Pasta Sauce Recipe with Garlic, Basil, and Thyme
This No-Cook Pasta Sauce with Garlic, Basil, and Thyme is a wonderful summer-into-fall way to use fresh garden tomatoes!

(Updated with new photos and step-by-step instructions, September 2013.)  For many years I turned my nose up at the idea of no-cook pasta sauce. I'm not sure why, but for some reason I had it in my mind that you needed to cook tomatoes to make a flavorful pasta sauce. Was I ever wrong about that! in 2007 I first made this Fresh Garden Tomato No-Cook Pasta Sauce with Garlic, Basil, and Thyme, which has to be one of the best tasting things I've made with fresh tomatoes.  Since then this no-cook sauce has been one of my favorite ways to use tomatoes when they're at their peak of flavor, especially at this time of year when you've had lots of tomato salads and you'd like something a bit more substantial to do with those fresh tomatoes.

Click to continue reading