Slow Cooker Recipe for Low-Sugar and Gluten-Free Peach Crisp

Slow Cooker Low-Sugar and Gluten-Free Peach Crisp
If you have fresh peaches begging to be used, please make this Slow Cooker Peach Crisp right away!

In Utah, peaches are amazing this time of year, and when my friend Trina brought me some gorgeous peaches recently, I was excited to try the recipe for Slow Cooker Peach Crisp I'd spotted on my friend Karen's blog, 365 Days of Slow Cooking.  Karen is young, gorgeous, and skinny, so she probably doesn't care about the whole low-sugar thing, but I wanted to create a version of peach crisp without much added sugar, and since I was adapting Karen's recipe anyway, I thought I'd substitute almond flour to make a gluten-free version as well.  Desserts are not my specialty, but I was thrilled with how this turned out.  (Well, maybe a little *too* thrilled, since I ate the two servings you see in these photos with in a few minutes after I finished photographing them, and the leftovers didn't last long in the fridge either.)  If you have fresh peaches, you must make this right away!

Click to continue reading