BEST EVER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

THIS RECIPE MAKES THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE EVER!!
 
I've been making chocolate chip cookies for 45 years; lets just say I've tried a ba-jillion recipes, but today's recipe beats them all hands down, these cookies ARE THE REAL DEAL !!

Some chocolate chip cookie recipes have great flavor but produce a FLAT/SAGGY cookie that spreads all over the cookie sheet (I hate that). some recipes produce a picture perfect cookie, but they don't have that wonderfully chewy texture and buttery flavor that a good chocolate chip cookie needs. 

Well, I'm here to tell you that today's recipe will give you BOTH a perfectly shaped cookie AND one that tastes FIVE STAR .....THEY ARE
PERFECTION!!


The only word of caution in this recipe is that the cookie dough is THICK. I don't think I'd try it with my hand mixer, but my stand mixer worked great with this recipe.

1  1/2  cups real butter (no substitutions)(room temperature)
1  1/4  cups granulated sugar
1  1/4  cups brown sugar
2       large eggs
1  Tablespoon vanilla
4  1/4  cups all purpose flour(I use bread flour in everything)
1  teaspoon baking powder
1  teaspoon baking soda
1  teaspoon salt
2  cups chocolate chips (I use mini chocolate chips)

In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine the room temperature butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla. Beat until well mixed and smooth.

Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together and add it, one cup at a time to the creamed butter-egg mixture. Beat until well mixed then beat in the chocolate chips.

Preheat oven to 375°F and use aN UNGREASED cookie sheet. Roll the cookie dough into balls about the size of a small walnut and place on the cookie sheet about 2" apart.


Bake in pre-heated oven for 10 minutes. They will still be pretty soft-ish when they come out of the oven, but that is what you want for a soft chewy cookie. Cool them on a baking screen/rack.

This recipe makes about 5 dozen
perfect cookies
 
NOTE: Don't let the HEAVY (raw) cookie dough freak you out, after they bake, they are very tender, rich, buttery cookies.


I'm NEVER switching chocolate chip cookie
recipes again, THIS ONE is the REAL DEAL !!